President Donald Trump sued former Democrat opponent Hillary Clinton Thursday, accusing the Obama-era Secretary of State, several staffers and various members of the DNC and fake news media of causing him and the American people grievous harm by perpetuating false claims of Russia collusion during the 2016 presidential election.
The 108-page complaint, filed Thursday in the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida, alleges that the network of more than 45 defendants orchestrated a malicious scheme “to weave a false narrative that their Republican opponent, Donald J. Trump, was colluding with a hostile foreign sovereignty.”
— Liz Harrington (@realLizUSA) March 24, 2022
“The scheme was conceived, coordinated and carried out by top-level officials at the Clinton Campaign and the DNC—including ‘the candidate’ herself—who attempted to shield her involvement behind a wall of third parties.”
The suit proceeds to lay out in detail how Democrat law firm Perkins Coie led the scheme to “fabricate” fake proof of Trump ties to Russia, and says Democrats “seized on the opportunity to publicly malign Donald J. Trump by instigating a full-blown media frenzy.”
“In short, the Defendants, blinded by political ambition, orchestrated a malicious conspiracy to disseminate patently false and injurious information about Donald J. Trump and his Presidential Election in favor of Hillary Clinton,” the suit states, listing Clinton, her campaign chair John Podesta, disgraced former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Fusion GPS, Christopher Steele, former FBI Director James Comey, former FBI agent Peter Strzok, former FBI attorneys Lisa Page and Kevin Clinesmith, former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe and many others as defendants.
“When their gambit failed, and Donald J. Trump was elected, the Defendants’ efforts continued unabated, merely shifting their focus to undermining his presidential administration,” the suit continues.
“Worse still, the Defendants continue to spread their vicious lies to this day as they unabashedly publicize their thoroughly debunked falsehoods in an effort to ensure that he will never be elected again.”
“The deception, malice, and treachery perpetrated by the Defendants has caused significant harm to the American people, and to the Plaintiff, Donald J. Trump, and they must be held accountable for their heinous acts.”
The RICO (Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations) lawsuit asks the court to award Trump “Punitive damages, costs, and such further and other relief as this Court may deem just and proper,” for each of 16 counts against the defendants.
LawandCrime.com listed the 16 counts:
(1) RICO law violations;
(2) RICO conspiracy;
(3) injurious falsehood;
(4) conspiracy to commit injurious falsehood;
(5) malicious prosecution;
(6) conspiracy to commit malicious prosecution;
(7) computer fraud and abuse;
(8) theft of trade secrets;
(9) violations of the Stored Communications Act;
(10) agency (e.g., that Clinton acted as a principal and directed her agents to harm Trump);
(11) respondeat superior (e.g., that Perkins Coie “is vicariously responsible for the torturous conduct of its agents, servants, representatives, employees and/or contractors”);
(12) respondeat superior/vicarious liability against the DNC;
(13) respondeat superior/vicarious liability against the Clinton Campaign;
(14) respondeat superior/vicarious liability against fusion GPS;
(15) respondeat superior/vicarious liability against Orbis Business Intelligence LTD;
(16) respondeat superior/vicarious liability against Neustar.
The law firm Ticktin Law Group filed the suit on Trump’s behalf. See it in full below: